The Selous holds the title of the largest game reserve in the world.
The Selous Game Reserve is one of the largest faunal reserves of the world and
as human habitation or permanent structures are permitted, it is surely the
wildest game reserve in Tanzania. Some of the typical animals of the savanna like
elephants, hippos, African Wild Dog, Cape buffalo and crocodiles can be found in
this park in larger numbers than in any other African game reserve or national Park.
What is included in the tour
- Return flights Zanzibar - Selous - Zanzibar
- Return Transfer from Resort - Zanzibar Airport - Resort
- Full day game drive safari ( soft drinks)
- Professional English speaking Guide
- Picnic lunch
- National Game Reserve fees.
SELOUS GAME RESERVE
- Africa's largest wildlife reserve, and Tanzania’s most extensive protected area
- Wild Dogs Site Sighthing - approximately a third of the world's wild dog population reside here.
- Big Five Site Sighting
- Birds Watching - more than 400 Species of Birds
- Accessed by short flight from Zanzibar and Dar es Salaam
- Unspoilt wilderness area – announced as a UNESCO site in 1988.
- Boat Safari on Rufiji River
- Walking Safari
- Home to the largest concentrations of elephants in the world - thousands of elephants migrate through the reserve each year.